Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 61 offices in 38 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition, and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster, and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest more than $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise, and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial equity, social justice, economic development, and the environment. We earned a gold rating from EcoVadis, the leading platform for environmental, social, and ethical performance ratings for global supply chains, putting us in the top 2% among other consulting firms. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients, and we proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry.
WHAT MAKES US A GREAT PLACE TO WORK
We are proud to be consistently recognized as one of the world’s best places to work, a champion of diversity and a model of social responsibility. We are currently ranked #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list, and we have maintained a spot in the top four on Glassdoor’s list for the last 13 years. We believe that diversity, inclusion and collaboration is key to building extraordinary teams. We hire people with exceptional talents, abilities and potential, then create an environment where you can become the best version of yourself and thrive both professionally and personally. We are publicly recognized by external parties such as Fortune, Vault, Mogul, Working Mother, Glassdoor and the Human Rights Campaign for being a great place to work for diversity and inclusion, women, LGBTQ and parents.
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You’ll join the Product, Practice and Knowledge (PPK) group that supports our Communications, Media & Entertainment Practice (CM&E). Over the past two decades, we have formalized our industry and capability areas, internally known as “Practices”, integral to how we win and deliver results to our clients. PPK is a business unit of Bain and the team’s primary role is to drive growth in a particular industry or capability and boost our expertise and commercial excellence.
WHERE YOU’LL FIT WITHIN THE TEAM
CM&E is one of our biggest and fastest growing industries led by a team of passionate and collaborative individuals. Our practice covers all major telecom and media sectors.
The Senior Knowledge Specialist (SKS) role is the catalyst to harnessing the knowledge and collective experience from our client facing consulting teams. The SKS helps to co-create, shape and innovate Bain’s perspectives and products as well as capture and shares knowledge, insights and experience making it possible for us to deliver extraordinary results for our clients. You’ll focus on the telecommunications sector in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
Equip Partners and consulting staff with relevant expertise and resource recommendations
- Provide value-added front-line support to case teams by sharing curated “best of” Bain content, experience and perspectives
- Identify and connect experts within the Bain network to consulting teams
- Collaborate with our Information Services to collectively provide consultants the best consolidated view of our internal and external knowledge
- Develop and package summary documents and provide updated or bespoke analysis
Lead the capture and sharing of the practice knowledge base
- Capture and process knowledge onto our global intranet platform from client development and case team efforts
- Coordinate with other Knowledge Specialists to identify cross practice content priorities and identify gaps in the knowledge base
- Communicate with case teams and practice affiliates to understand work and solicit most relevant content
- Package and codify our best thinking into insights
- Collaborate with practice team members to fill content gaps through new insight development and deployment
- Oversee Knowledge Associate in managing and maintaining the knowledge base
Contribute to the development and execution of the practice strategy
- Analyze, understand and interpret underlying drivers of practice performance
- Support content planning and some logistics for annual practice meetings
- Drive practice affiliate engagement, including preparation for experience-sharing calls and publications
Actively contribute to the practice and broader PPK team
- Participate in and lead global team trainings, group projects, experience sharing, mentoring, and other initiatives
- Assign, review, and provide feedback on junior practice member’s work, who are often located in another Bain office. Manage day to day workplan for junior team members and provide coaching and development
We are looking for an individual who has strong leadership skills, a strong interest in working to optimize knowledge capture operations and support, can run our end-to-end knowledge management processes, play a leadership role in coordinating both within our internal practice as well as with other practices, and work closely with the practice leadership on a variety of projects pursuant to practice goals.
- BA or equivalent undergraduate degree
- 4+ years of professional experience with exposure to one or more of the following disciplines: consulting, research and analysis, knowledge management, strategic planning, business development, product development, marketing, and/or project management
- Interest in gaining deep experience specifically within Telecommunications
- You’re intellectually curious
- You have strong analytical abilities and experience bringing innovative and ‘outside the box’ approaches to problem solving
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and sometimes demanding environment, and you have the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Attentive to detail and very organized. You’re known for your high-quality work
- You can self-motivate and work autonomously, while appreciating guided coaching and collaborative teaming
- Superior customer service attitude
- You keep a positive mindset and high levels of energy and enthusiasm
- Strong communication and presentation skills. You can engage with senior business executives and team with colleagues across the globe and in different time zones
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word