Bain & Company is a global consultancy that helps the world’s most ambitious change makers define the future. Across 59 offices in 37 countries, we work alongside our clients as one team with a shared ambition to achieve extraordinary results, outperform the competition and redefine industries. We complement our tailored, integrated expertise with a vibrant ecosystem of digital innovators to deliver better, faster and more enduring outcomes. Our 10-year commitment to invest over $1 billion in pro bono services brings our talent, expertise and insight to organizations tackling today’s urgent challenges in education, racial and social equity, economic development and the environment. Since our founding in 1973, we have measured our success by the success of our clients. We proudly maintain the highest level of client advocacy in the industry, and our clients have outperformed the stock market 4-to-1.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Your primary role is to service the IT support needs of our user base in a demanding results-oriented environment. This role is expected to deal with the majority of calls and emails to the Help Desk using a variety of problem solving techniques, while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. A key component of the support operation at Bain is the use of the HD+ ticketing and inventory system. Coordinators promoted from the Associate position will have learned the key tasks and responsibilities listed below. New Bain employees joining as coordinators will receive training on the ticketing system as well as all of the other technologies and administrative processes required to execute the duties of a Technology Solutions Group (TSG) Coordinator. TSG Coordinators will develop and increase their support skills in a pressurized environment and be able to expand their technical ability across a range of software, hardware, and mobile platforms.
- You will demonstrate the skills required to be the primary contact for IT related problems and issues for Bain employees
- You must possess the troubleshooting and resolution skills required to address hardware and software problems on computer systems and other supported hardware (mobile devices, phones, voicemail, projectors, etc.)
- You will consistently perform follow-up with users to ensure complete resolution and user satisfaction
- You will understand and use the ticketing system and inventory system to maintain accurate inventory database, repair log and activity log
- You will contribute to the TSG knowledge base resident in the HD+ ticketing system
- You will demonstrate the ability to proactively identify and complete TSG projects that add value to the department and/or our customers
- You will understand and enforce TSG guidelines and policies to ensure data integrity, system reliability, and data security while providing essential flexibility to end users
- You should be proficient with the Bain image and PC configuration and testing process to build and deploy notebook and desktop computers
- You will provide support for the varied Audio-Visual equipment in your local office and in the other offices across the local region (Projectors, Videoconference Units etc)
- You will be proficient in the use of Active Directory and other Bain tools to create and manage user accounts and set permissions
- You will contribute to the development of best practices in the IT environment through experience sharing across the TSG staff in the other offices across the region and globally
- You should be capable to coordinate off-site repairs with external vendors
- You will participate in Global projects on a requested and volunteer basis
- You will work with other TSG staff members on local regional and global teams to test new applications as well as system hardware and software upgrades
- You will be able to lead end user training programs
- You will provide off-hours, weekend and holiday coverage as needed
- You will travel as required to support other Bain offices and off-site training sessions
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience is required and 2-4 years previous corporate experience is preferred. Excellent customer service skills are paramount to success in this position including demonstrated ability to be empathetic with the IT end-user experience. Possess the aptitude or experience to provide proactive service to our customers. Demonstrates a results oriented approach to customer service.
Demonstrated interest and aptitude in technology and technical issues. Communicate well with customer and members of the team, display a confident and self-motivated approach. Strong time management and prioritization skills in a multi-tasking environment. Ability to work well in a team environment, support other members of the TSG team as they support our customers. Ability to be calm and think clearly under pressure. Aptitude for analytical problem resolution, display basic troubleshooting skills and approaches. Ability to occasionally work extended hours, including evenings and weekend hours to meet project deadlines or resolve issues.
*Must speak and write fluent English. Please submit resume IN ENGLISH when applying.